It was Vegie Pod’s Working Bee last Sunday and a good turnout saw lots of work completed.
New Compost Bins, New Vegie beds, New Asparagus beds and some general work and weeding around the communal vegie area.
Working in the Communal Vegie Area
New Compost bays for the Vegie Pod
Moving and planting out the Asparagus crowns.
New Asparagus planting bed.
Colin planting out the Asparagus
The workers learning about Asparagus planting
Planting Asparagus crowns
Learning by doing – Asparagus
After a successful and rewarding Working Bee, morning tea on the shed verandah had some welcome visitors.
Local Maggies getting some morning tea.
Thanks to all who pitched in.
Gumnuts POD Working Bee – Sunday 21st September
This is the last reminder to contact Angelina about a Mulch and Manure order for August 2014.
Today is the LAST day to place your order.
- Please fill in the attached order form and email it to me before Friday 22nd of August.
- Please note that the price for Lucerne is now $16 a bale due to a difficult growing season.
- I have source a supplier who can deliver sugar cane for $5.50 a bale, but delivery may take anywhere between 1-4weeks once the order has been placed. This is because our order will need to be included on a truck that is delivers in the same area.
- Lucerne is better for your plot as it feeds the soil but if you cannot afford it then go for the sugar cane. Maybe consider by 2 bales of lucerne and 1 bale of sugar cane!
- Do not do anything now – Payment will be required once the orders have been confirmed with the suppliers.
- I will email you once this is done!
- Your manure order will be ready for pick up on Friday 29th August at 4:00pm.
- We will need as many people as possible to help unload the truck. Please let me know if you can help.
- Deliver dates of the Lucerne and or Sugar cane will be advised once the orders are placed.
- Please note we will need a minimum of 60 bags (1pallet) of manure.
- We will need a minimum of 10 bales of sugar cane.
- We will need a minimum of 30 bales of Lucerne.
Contact Angelina today! to ensure your order!
If you can help with the unloading… Let us know
A sunny and warm morning met the members at the garden for the Plot holder Working Bee this last Sunday.
Jobs including turning the Plot Holder compost, path maintenance and turning the Grass Bay gave the workers lots to do.
The Plot Holder compost bays before the Working Bee
Short work was made of the first Compost bay
Hard work from John cleared the Grass Cuttings bay
Workers enjoying the sun and fresh air.
The first Plot Holders compost bay is now Closed, so please put all new material in the Open compost bay.
Next week: – Sunday 6th June – Orchard and Fruit Fly Working Bee and the Garden Monthly Meeting.
Keep an eye out for an email and if you have agenda items please let the Garden secretary know.
Yoorala St Community Garden
A place we dig
Lots of great work done at the Vegie POD working bee yesterday.
Thanks to all that helped out, and especially to the new visitors that jumped in and worked hard.
Turning the massive communal Compost heap.
Distributing some great compost to the Vegie and Herb areas.
Cleaning up raising and creating new beds in the communal Vegie area.
Next week: Gumnuts POD Working Bee